Skip to main content

Beach, Coastal Levees, and Titans

It was too beautiful day, and it's kinda shame that I had to work today.
I felt like drive to the beach even though it's little cold.
So, I use my "lunch break (in general because I do not eat daytime)" to drive to the beach in Fujiwara where is about 10 -15 minute driving from my office.
   
 
 
Unfortunately, the sun was covered by clouds when I got there, but the view there was gorgeous as usual.  I saw some sort of the construction materials covered by the yellow sheets on the beach.




On the construction sign on the walk way, I found those construction materials were the base of the coastal levees that they were building there to protect the beach area by tsunami.
Around there was one of many areas in the city that got affected by tsunami on March 11, 2011. People who live there got two choices; either they keep the beautiful beach as is with the danger of tsunami, or build the coastal levees so they get protected from tsunami.
It was little sad that how they decided, but it needs to be done for their lives.
 
Within couple years or so, people will not be able to see the beach, and instead, they will be seeing the grey concrete walls.  
After the walls are built and anybody who is not from around this area asked me what the walls for, I will answer them -

"TITANS." 

Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...