Skip to main content

Flu this season, vaccination, and Halloween


If a doctor say that you have flu (either type A or B,) you can NOT go to school because of School Health and Safety Act (gakkou hoken anzen hou 学校保健安全法).
  
If you have flu, you cannot go to school 5 days after the day you started having fever (6 days including the day you have fever.)
  
OR
  
You cannot go to school 2 days after you don't have fever any more.
  
What the doctor can do for your flu is the symptomatic treatment. Which is - If you have fever, the doctor gives you the medicine for reducing fever. If you have body ache, the doctor gives you the pain killer for your body. So on. Basically, flu will be gone at some point if you have proper meals and sleep.
It's OK for your body to have fever because it means you body is killing virus by your body heat. And it's OK for you to have diarrhea and/or vomiting because your body is trying to get rid of the toxic out from your body. If it gets too much, then you would need to take the medicines.
  
Also, you could ask the doctor "Tamiflu" that blocks virus in your body.
https://www.drugs.com/tamiflu.html
  
Yet, because of the side effects and because you are not with your family, I don't recommend Tamiflu.
 
 
[English folks in and around Miyako]
 
 
At one clinic, I saw this sign. It says "There was the first flu originated report for this season between October 17th and October 23rd (42 weeks) in Miyako health center's jurisdiction. The epidemic can be spreading later this season. As a precaution, vaccination before the epidemic, hand washing in running water with soap, and wearing mask are effective."
I just had the vaccination this morning.
It costed me 3,800 yen. The cost for vaccination is different for each clinic, but usually it's 3,000 - 4,000 yen.
You could get flu couple times in the same season because there are different type of flu. So, if you are interested in taking a vaccination, I can take you Saturday morning. So, please let me know. Thanks!
 
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...