Skip to main content

Heavy snow and penguin walk.


 
"The first snowfall in almost 115 years was recorded on Amami-Oshima island, a subtropical island located some 380 km (235 miles) southwest of the city of Kagoshima, while temperatures fell to record lows in western and southern Japan."
 
Ref:
[Heavy snow clobbers central, western Japan]
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/01/24/national/heavy-snow-hits-western-central-japan/
 
There was not so much snow here in Miyako where belongs to the northeast region of Japan these days. Usually, Miyako has tons of snow around this time of the season, not the southern part of Japan such as Okinawa and Amami-Oshima.  But it appeared totally opposite this time.
I have heard they were so excited to have snow there in southern part of Japan, and they wanted to make some snowmen. But because for most of them, this was the first time to see the snow, they did not know how to make the snowman. So, they google searched "how to make snowman." Interesting.
 
I would like to give some advises of how to walk on the snow/ice because it's quite dangerous especially for who never had walked on the snow/ice before.
 
All you need to do on the snow/ice is "walk like a penguin" which are:

- Make your each step smaller.
- Use entire surfaces of your feet (not only the toes nor heels.)
- Bend your back slightly to forward.
- When you walk, bring your feet up and down almost vertically.
- When you fall, fall from your buttocks. Try not to use your arms because you can break your arms by doing it.
- Avoid the shade and the white lines at the crosswalk. They are very slippery; also the tiled floors like the entrance of the school and shops.

Ref:
凍結した道路 転ばない歩き方
http://kinisuru.com/snowyroad-freeze-walking-513
 




Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...