Skip to main content

June 10th, 2015 Miyako International Community Radio via Miyako Harbor Radio 82.6 FM [LIVE]



Producer: Hisao Hashimoto 
Navigator: Eri Ito
Members: Lu Thatcher, James Macrae, Adam Ramli
Interpreter: Togo Sasaki, Ito Shunsuke
Visitors: Mariko Itabashi, Hisako Yamaguchi

Tonight show, we had the new guest, Lu-san, from Iwaizumi.
*Welcome Lu-san*
She introduced not only about her country, but also her various experiences in Iwaizumi.
She sounded like she was having a good time there with her students.  I was kind of relieved when I  heard that from her since Iwaizumi is very countryside and can be very lonely sometimes.  
 
Not only Lu-san, but also Adam-san and James-san sounded they were enjoying their lives in Japan too.  It was really fun to hear about onsen, where you get butt naked to bath yourself in  the public bath.  The topic got shifted from onsen to ganban-yoku, and there is good ganbai-yoku in Otsuchi according to Adam-san.  I think I have never been to ganban-yoku.  Yes, you know, sometime, they know more about Japan than me.  
 
I should not forget what amazed me the most tonight was how much Togo-san improved his skill of the translation.  I asked him what kind of English study he did because he was almost like another person.  It was that much dramatically change. He told me he was very relaxed tonight compared to the previous time, so that was how.
 
  
  
So, because I had no idea that Togo-san would do so much good work as the interpreter tonight, I prepared something.   Before the show started, I handed him 2 cards, the yellow and red card, from UNO. 
I told him the yellow card means “Yo-Ito-I-Need-Your-Help-for-the-Translation-So-Get-in-Now-and-Take-Care-of-All-Sh*t-Card,” and red one means “Hey-Ito-It’s-Getting-Too-Much-I-Am-Outa-Here-Card.”
I told him to show me those cards whenever he need some help for the translation or he wants to get out doing the translation.  That actually did work out pretty well.  
   
Comparing to Togo-san’s good work, I did OK tonight.  I mistranslated again as usual.
The first one the translation of what if they have any favorite Japanese idol, but I lost the word “Japanese” in somewhere, so as the result, James-san answered he likes “Jeniffer Lutz” (I think that’s who he said.)  It came out pretty funny, but yes that was my bad.  I was sorry Jamaes.
    
Second one is what I have been doing every time.  I always ask them “how was today?” in the very end of the show, and that’s how navigator asked in Japanese.  But what I tried to ask the members is “how did you like the tonight’s show?”  Adam-san knows it, so he answers to the question of “how did you like the tonight’s show?” But I confused James-san again.  He started answering how his whole day was.. I am so sorry, James-san again. (x_x)  
Well, but still I guess those can be the fun part of the culture exchanging.  
   
Thank you very much for tonight, everybody!! 
I hope you guys enjoyed it too!!  







Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

Since FB banned my account again..

Since facebook banned my account again for sharing one video on rumble, I post the link here.     The video title is "Everything Wrong With The Capitol Shooting In 21 Minutes Or Less (Wooz News)."  You may find something interesting there, so, please take a look.  Thanks.   https://rumble.com/vdoqzj-everything-wrong-with-the-capitol-shooting-in-21-minutes-or-less-wooz-news.html

[PolitiC@Sekai] NYT cut the speach of the president Mori on their article to mislead their readers.

    これはテレビがあるからやりにくいんだが、女性理事を4割というのは文科省がうるさくいうんですね。だけど女性がたくさん入っている理事会は時間がかかります。これもうちの恥を言いますが、ラグビー協会は今までの倍時間がかる。女性がなんと10人くらいいるのか今、5人か、10人に見えた(笑いが起きる)5人います。  女性っていうのは優れているところですが競争意識が強い。誰か1人が手を挙げると、自分も言わなきゃいけないと思うんでしょうね、それでみんな発言されるんです。結局女性っていうのはそういう、あまりいうと新聞に悪口かかれる、俺がまた悪口言ったとなるけど、女性を必ずしも増やしていく場合は、発言の時間をある程度規制をしておかないとなかなか終わらないから困ると言っていて、誰が言ったかは言いませんけど、そんなこともあります。  私どもの組織委員会にも、女性は何人いますか、7人くらいおられますが、みんなわきまえておられます。みんな競技団体からのご出身で国際的に大きな場所を踏んでおられる方々ばかりです。ですからお話もきちんとした的を得た、そういうのが集約されて非常にわれわれ役立っていますが、欠員があるとすぐ女性を選ぼうということになるわけです。 Ref: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/a2148b9c62351b9b54bff6338dbc4d8ac6cd9af8   Ref: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/sports/olympics/tokyo-olympics-yoshiro-mori.html