Skip to main content

Portals in Miyako (1)

By playing INGRESS, the smartphone game, sometime it takes me to the places of cultural significance, such as public art, landmarks, monuments, etc. where I have never been or seen even in Miyako, my hometown.  
  
I have been taking some pictures of those portals, so I would like to introduce them briefly with map link.  Some of them are not registered as the portals yet, but I had sent the request to INGRESS when I took the pictures.

1. Suidou Kouen (Water Line Park) [Portal Requesting Now]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/jAZRP



This park had opened in June 4th in 1993.
You can walk not only behind the water fall, but also in the water with bear foot.
So, it's nice place to "chill out" literally.



2. Suijin-hi (Stele of the Water God) [Portal]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/jAZRP


Next to the Suidou Kouen (Water Line Park,) there is Miyako Water Line Management Office.  When this Office opened, they made this stele.   In front of this stele, it says Suijin-hi, the Stele of the Water God, and also the name of the former mayor, Eitaro Nakai.  Behind the stele, the companies' names that had built the Miyako Water Line Management Office are carved  



3. Gassan (Mt. Gassan) [Portal]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/H4kpp




Mt. Gassan is located opposite side of the Miyako bay from the central Miyako.
It's 455.9 meters high.  You can either walk or drive to the top of the mountain, but the road is very rocky and some place are narrow, so if you are not so good driver, walking to the top is recommended.   If you walk, it takes about an hour to the top from the entrance of the mountain.  You can take a good view of the Miyako from there.



4. Akame Hachiman Jinja (Akamae Hachiman Shrine) [Portal]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/CrszD



Akame Hachiman Jinja (Akamae Hachiman Shrine) is the Shinto shrine that is located close to Miyako Kougyou Koukou (Miyako Industrial Highschool)  Yet, it's in the forest, so do not forget to have bug spray whole your body before you visit there in the summer time.



5. Moichi Eki (Moichi Station) [Portal]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/p1fyR




Moichi is the central Niisato area where has the Yuttari-kan, the public bath and camp ground.
If you have a chance to go to Morioka from Miyako, why don't you take a train sometime?  You may find the different view of Miyako.


Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...