Skip to main content

Portals in Miyako (3)

Continuing from

Portal Miyako (2)
http://itoshunsuke.blogspot.jp/2015/06/portals-in-miyako-2.html

Portal Miyako (1)
http://itoshunsuke.blogspot.jp/2015/06/portals-in-miyako-1.html
 


12. SL Kouen (SL Park) [Portal]
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/r3VgE
 
 

 
 
In 1976, Japan Railway Company presented the Type 9600 SL (Steam Locomotive *Japanese English - it's steam engine) train to City of Miyako.  The #9625 means this train is made 25th in 9600 series.  This train had ran until the year of 1972.  

#9625 SL:  
Height: 3.813 meters
Width: 2.616 meters
Length: 16.563 meters
Weight: 94.85 tons
Maximum coal loading capacity: 6 tons
Maximum water loading capacity: 13 cubic meters 
Diameter of driving wheel: 1.25 meters
Maximum horsepower: 870 
Maximum speed: 65 km per hour
  
(*The second picture is the bathroom.)    
    

  
13. Walking Trail in Anegasaki [Portal]
  







There is the walking trail close to the campground in Anegasaki, .
The trail is about 2 km long, and it takes about an hour to go around. 
You would be able to see hundreds of seagulls in April to July. 
Some parts of the walking trail have been left as destroyed in 3.11 earthquake, so please be careful especially when you walk down to the ocean side.    
  
  
  
14. Shinsai Memorial Park Nakanohama (Tsunami Memorial Park Nakanohama) 
 



 
In May 26, 2014, Tsunami Memorial Park Nakanohama had been opened to the public. 
There is the 15 meters high hill, which is the same height of the tsunami there in 3.11, in the center of the park.  All the display boards are written both in English and Japanese, so you can learn about the tsunami that attacked there and Miyako.  

Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...