Skip to main content

K-ta kun and pickled onion

When I went to my grocery shopping to the super market, I met one of my friends, K-ta kun, there.  He was also shopping his groceries.  He and I did chit chat to see what's up each other.
He said his mother was being sick and she did not have appetite, so I suggested him to make her the vinegar pickled onions; actually, I was there to buy some onions to make that.
 
Because K-ta kun is the professional chef at Torimoto, one of the famous restaurant bar in Miyako, he knew about the vinegar pickled onions.
 
 
 
He told me to come to the restaurant Torimoro where he works for.  "They have the salt pickled onion," he said.  I replied him "Salt pickled onion?  That sounds unhealthy.  Don't they contain too much salt?" Then, he said "yes, but after the onion get pickled in salt couple days, those are pickled into the sweet vinegar next with sliced lemons.  So, most of salt gets removed from the onion by vinegar, and they get flavored by sweet vinegar and lemons."
That sounded awfully good, so I decided to go there to try it sometime.
 
Couple days later, I made a jar of vinegar pickled onions for K-ta kun's mother and visited the restaurant.  Of course, I went there to try their pickled onions too.
   
 
 
When I entered the restaurant, Yoshiko-san, one of the owners, was there.
She is my mother's friend and I knew her too.  After talking random things, she asked me what I would like to drink.  I asked her something not with alcohol because I was driving.  Then, she recommended me anko-milk (sweet red beans paste blended with milk.)
So, I ordered anko-milk and pickled onion.
Those were odd combination, but Yoshiko san said not to worry. So, I just tried.
 
(K-ta kun, pickled onions and anko-milk drink at Torimoto.)   
   
 
Their pickled onions were amazing.
They were sweet and sour, and had some scent and flavor of lemon.
Also they had little sliced chili, and it also gave spicy flavor slightly to the onions too.  
That was perfect side dish.  I did not have a main dish, but anko-milk.
I thought those were weird to have together, the pickled onion and anko-milk, but since pickled onion is sour and anko-milk was sweet, so they came out good combination somehow.
 
Well, gochiso-samadeshita, K-ta kun and I hope your mother gets better soon.
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...