Skip to main content

September 23th, 2015 Miyako International Community Radio via Miyako Harbor Radio 82.6 FM [LIVE]

  
  
Producer: Hisao Hashimoto
Navigator: Saaya Tazawa
Members: Adam Ramli, Hisako Yamaguchi
Interpreter: Togo Sasaki, Ito Shunsuke



Thank you very much for the great show as always, folks.
Because Eri san was away with her samurai group to do some presentation for the 400th anniversary of Miyako port, Then, Yamaguchi san was there for the substitution of Eri san.
But because Yamaguchi san was little nervous and was not comfortable to be the navigator, So, Saaya san from Miyako harbor radio was in charge for the navigator, and she did the excellent work.

For the show, we were mainly talking about how Adam san spent his silver week holidays since he was the only one gaikokujin member there.  He said he ate SOWRDFISH for the first time at the sea food festival.
Togo san, tried to interpret the word SOWRDFISH into Japanese, so I got in to help him.
I knew how the swordfish look like:

"Swordfish commonly reach 3 m (9.8 ft) in length, and the maximum reported is 4.55 m (14.9 ft) in length and 650 kg (1,430 lb) in weight."

However, somewhat, I interpreted SOWRDFISH as "sanma" which means saury in Japanese. 

"Saury can grow to a size of about 5 cm (1.97 inches.)"


When I noticed to the mistake, I corrected it.
Then, Togo san asked Adam san if Adam san know saury fish.
He said no, but he knows "saury" as the name of some Japanese girls'.


  
  
Yeah, we were lost in the translation again, but it was fun as always.  
Thank you very much again and I will see you at the next show!!

Popular posts from this blog

I got banned from facebook AGAIN for a week.

Facebook banned me of posting and sharing on timeline, sending messages, and like button for any post for a week.  Right now, what I can do on facebook is only to login.            I asked what I did wrong to get banned to the help desk, but they have not replied me anything yet.    What I did right before I had got banned was re-activating one of my pages about discussing the differences between the facts and the fake news on fake medias.        Well, these are my new pages:    Please give your "like" on my pages.  You will be receiving tons of update (since those pages are updated by bots) from the pages, but you can hide them too.      

The Coffee Vending Machine

   When I was buying a cup of coffee from the vending machine, it made a big sound and shook itself a little.  It sounded like somebody inside hit his/her head somewhere there.  I was so curious but I was not brave enough to peep inside the machine because I had a feeling that if I peep inside, he or she inside would be attacking my eyes.   

Hospital Day (6)

I was about to get back to my work, then the English teacher company called me again said "hey, Ito.  You have time?  We got the English teacher who need to go to the hospital."  I was like      I thought they were joking.   But neither they were joking nor I was in the movie.  So, this time, I was taking the male English teacher to the hospital.  He got black toe nail and other finger nails were turning into black color too, but he did not remember he hit anything with his toe or his shoes had been too tight.   The doctor was examining his toes, however, he could not find what had caused his toe nails turned into black color.    So, the doctor took the nail file and started filing English teacher's toe nail.   Guess what?  The color just came off!!    He did not have to take any medicine, but he had to pay for the examining  That cost him about 2,500 yen.   ...